Every believer’s goal is to grow closer to God and be more knowledgeable about the things of God. Every believer is commanded to grow spiritually. 2 Peter 3:18 commands us to, “But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever. Amen.” Make it your endeavor this year to grow.
As you read the scriptures pray a verse that you feel impressed by.
Jesus said that when he left, his disciples would then fast. He meant this to us the 21st-century disciples as well. Fasting should be a part of our spiritual walk. Fasting is abstaining from food or abstaining from certain kinds of food for a period of time. We will be fasting together for the month of January.
Do not be limited to this only, fast as often during the year as you are led. Find some time to get alone, particularly at the meal you will be fasting to pray, confess, and read the word each day.
The schedule of our fasting times and directions are as followed:
- We will be fasting one meal from January 1- January 14, 2018
- We will be fasting two meals from January 15-28, 2018
- We will be fasting three complete meals the last three days of January, January 29-31, 2018. (That means we will not be eating any meals for three days. Please consult your doctor and be lead by the Holy Spirit with this fast)
What To Pray For:
- Pray for a deeper relationship with God
- Pray for Christian singles across the world.
- Pray for God’s direction for your life.
- Pray about the things you desire from God.
- Pray for God’s help for what you need help for.
- Pray for revival in your nation.
- Pray to be drawn closer to God.
- Pray for your future husband (not the standard prayer of bring him Lord but pray for his safety, his purpose, his relationship with Christ to grow even stronger, and more)
- Pray about generational curses and ask God to show you those generational curses and pray that it is broken
- Pray for healing for yourself and those who need healing.
- Add to this list what you feel led to pray.
Lastly, remember as you pray to pray in Jesus’ name. Don’t worry about how long to fast or what to fast. Just pick a fast and do it. God is just proud that you took the time to fast especially if this is your first spiritual fast.